The only thing that makes this costume difficult is the time it takes to make it. And even then, if you have the hair already you’re halfway there. I DON’T. The pants are just the bottom part of a pant pattern made bigger so I could gather up the legs. The upper part of pant is the upper part of a pant pattern. The “bralet” is a bathing suit top pattern. I added sheer fabric on top of both. The maroon detailing is ultrasuede. The trim (and all the fabric) is readily available at a fabric store. I got all mine at Joann Fabric and Crafts. The whole costume was really inspired by the shoes. I happened upon them one day at a Burlington Coat Factory. I thought to myself, “Self, these would be a perfect genie.” And then I thought, “I could pull that off with some hair.” 😀
SO, the hair: I went to a wig store and bought a huge “hank”, “swatch”, “chunk” or whatever it’s called. It was basically a thick ponytail the same color as my own hair. I had taken a small margarine tub and covered it to make the hat, cut a hole in the top, pulled half the “hair” through it, braided the rest of the hair and wrapped it around the bottom edge of the hat. I pulled most of my hair up into a tiny 1″ long ponytail and bobby-pinned the whole shebang over my own stub of a ponytail. (Barbara Eden’s hat had a hair braid around the bottom edge.) The veil is just more of the sheer fabric hooked onto the hat. It turned into a pretty cool costume that didn’t feel costume-y because it was made from real fabric.